Established in 2016, SUPERCRUNCH is part of GfK Group.
Effective date: October 5, 2012
Last revised: January 6, 2017
Cookies and other technologies
Data Protection in 3rd party services used on this website
This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.de) to collect visitor behavior data. The data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimization purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the visitor’s local browser cache. Using such cookies it is possible to recognize the visitor’s browser. The data collected via etracker technology will not be used to determine the personal identity of the website visitor or compiled with personal data pertaining to the user of the pseudonym unless agreed to separately by the person concerned. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time with respect to subsequent services.
Refuse data collection
Personal data we collect
Through this website, GfK may collect information that can specifically identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address when you voluntarily submit it to us.
Use of personal data
- to respond to requests you may make of us, including to provide services that you have requested and participate in activities that you have joined
- to contact you and/or provide you with general information as well as information about our products and services from time to time
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Website and to improve the Subscription Service send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you
- to share with agents, contractors or partners of GfK in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, our firm. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using Personal Data in any way other than to provide services for GfK. We may, for example, provide Personal Data to agents, contractors or partners for hosting our databases, for data processing services, or to send you information that you requested, but those parties cannot use your Personal Data for their own purposes unrelated to the work they are doing for us
- to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law
- to investigate suspected fraudulent activity in connection with the website or violation of another party’s rights
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Access to your personal data is granted only to those employees who require it in order to perform their duties. We cannot guarantee, however, that all communications between us or information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. Your use of our services demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
Information from children
This website is not directed at children and we have no intention of collecting personal data from young people. If we become aware that personal data from a child under 14 has been collected without the consent of such child’s parent or guardian, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information.
Third party websites
As a convenience to our visitors, this website contains links to a number of websites that we believe offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those websites. We suggest contacting those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Access to personal data
We will make available to you the personal data about you in our custody or control that we have collected, used or disclosed, upon your written request, to the extent required and/or permitted by law.
To request access to personal information that we hold about you, we require that you submit your request in writing by clicking on the “Contact us via email”-link shown in the top-right area of this page. When we receive an access request from an individual, we will attempt to fulfill the requested information within 30 days, including requests regarding the personal data we have in our possession or control about the individual, what it is being used for, and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable.
In certain situations, however, we may not be able to give individuals access to all or some of their personal data. If we deny an individual’s request for access to their personal data, we will advise the individual of the reason for the refusal.
Accuracy of personal data
We make reasonable efforts to keep personal data in our possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If you would like to correct, modify or delete your personal data, please submit your request in writing by clicking on the “Contact us via email” link shown in the top-right area of this page.
International transfers of personal data
Personal data submitted through this website resides on servers at our corporate headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and the servers of our Marketing Partner HubSpot, Inc, based in Boston, MA, USA.
GfK’s legal entities outside the European Union have entered into intra-company data protection agreements using standard contractual clauses prepared by the European Commission. Moreover, GfK’s U.S. entities have entered into data protection agreements with service providers and other business partners. These agreements require the contracting parties to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to handle European personal data in accordance with applicable European data protection laws.
By using this website, you consent to the transfer, storage, use and disclosure of your personal data among our affiliated companies and non-affiliated service providers, wherever located.
GfK’s service providers are contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
Our Marketing partner, HubSpot, Inc., based in Boston, MA, USA, is participating in and has certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Changes to this policy